We thought that the following information might be helpful:
Summary of discussions with the Anglia Water on-site manager at 11.30am today (06.12)
- The sink hole is approx. 5ft deep, 6ft across; sewer and gas pipes are visible in the void.
- A separate sewage system exists for Royal Oak Lane: the flooding there yesterday was due to excess rainwater being pushed into the drainage system, so it should not pose a serious health warning.
- Water and sewerage should not be affected for any residents.
- Anglia Water are working to reduce the number of tankers by installing appropriate piping and storage.
- Anglia Water are responsible for and have the authority to complete all repair work.
- Repairs should be completed by Xmas.
- We asked if Anglia Water can scan the remaining roads for any other voids (the Parish Council will submit this as a formal request).
- Best source for updates from Anglia Water is as follows:
Please feel free to call us if you have any questions or concerns and we will try to help.
Marcus Whewell Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Maxine Blewett Clerk email@example.com