Using this website
This website is run by Hemingford Abbots Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software. This is where signatures are included in the document e.g. signed minutes and annual accounts which include audit documentation.
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format please contact the Clerk; details shown below. Our website is in a simple format and it may not be possible to meet all requests.
- email – email@example.com
- call – 07843 091509
Your request will be considered and we’ll get back to you within 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If we can improve the accessibility of this website we will do so. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact: the Parish Clerk – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07843 091509. Or write to:
Hemingford Abbots Parish Clerk (Maxine Blewett)
18 Church Street
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Hemingford Abbots Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
|Approved at Parish Council meeting||October 2021|
|Version||Date||Reason for Change|